MY LIFE WENT TO THE DOGS AFTER MY DIVORCE!
And it was a good thing!
I had always heard about how getting a dog was good for companionship and love. Hmmm? Really? I didn’t believe it. I had always loved dogs. I had dogs in the past. My friends had dogs. Dogs were a lot of work, I thought. I had a list of reasons why Not to get a dog. Then after several trips to the pound and several visits to adoption fundraisers I took the plunge.
I had spent many months alone and wondering where I would go from here. I tried dating sites and going to bookstores, and coffee houses and still nothing had changed. I wasn’t meeting anyone. And the men that I was meeting were making me feel even more lonely.
I found myself with my daughter in church one day. I had always told her to pray for grace. I wanted her to feel that peace.
We decided to visit the animal shelter to look at dogs as we had done many times in the past. We noticed a cute dog that we took home. When decided on the name, we thought that she should be named Grace. How we prayed for grace in our lives and we go Grace in our lives.
WAYS TO BEGIN CREATING THE NEW YOU
Take time to journal, meditate and envision what type of women that you would like to become. Write down specific things you want to change or improve such as weight, hair color, clothes, job, car, home relationships, etc… You have just taken the first step.
We are now getting involved with TEDx. Check our bio on TEDx and learn and follow my passion. Here is an excerpt:
An Idea worth spreading
Divorce can be looked at as a positive path to a new beginning. Divorce can be celebrated. You can move on and be happy with the next chapter in your life. Using feng shui and decluttering your home can change you, your relationships and all areas of your life. There is positive after a very hard time as divorce and there are positive ways to get past it. One way is to have a divorce party and celebrate the new you. Make changes in your environment to make the changes in your life.
I’m passionate about
I am passionate about self-improvement and helping others in there is life after divorce. Teaching and mentoring others by my experience. Teaching others that divorce doesn’t have to be the end. It can actually be the beginning. It’s up to you to take action. Have a divorce party and celebrate moving on. My passion is my ebook Divorce Party On!
To Online Date or Not to Online Date? That is the question?
In my option? I think it is a great avenue to get yourself out there. There are a few little must do in order to be successful.
- Pay for an online dating service. Do not do the free ones. You get what you pay for. Do you really want to attract and get a guy that can’t even shell out a few bucks to meet you?
- Post several pictures of yourself. Smile! Guys like the smile and will respond more times then if you don’t. Don’t just post selfies. Make sure that you post full-length pictures of yourself. (It doesn’t matter if you have a few pounds or more on you) When you meet, they are going to see you anyway. It is worse to show up and them not be into you because you not a size 2. If that’s what the guy wants? Move on, he’s not for you. Also, DON’T post pictures of your kids. You love your kids. We get it. But this is not the place to show off those adorable kiddos. First, there are a lot of pervs out there that are looking for women with kids. Keep your kids safe. Secondly, most guys will be turned off with the kid pictures. They want to see you, not them.
- Be honest in your profile. Don’t say you like skydiving if you’re afraid of heights. If you love to garden, then put that in your profile. There are a lot of guys out there who love when a girl gets down and dirty in the garden. You can even use that in your post. Love to get down and dirty in my garden.
- Be playful and fun. Don’t make it look like a resume. Keep it short and sweet. Guys don’t have a long attention span. They will read a few sentences and then turn off. If it is too much reading they won’t even bother.
- Buss words that you can throw into your profile that guys like are: No drama, fun, happy, love life, like to learn new things. State somewhere in there what you are looking for in a guy. Don’t be too demanding and expecting too much. When you first start on a dating site, It will show that you are new to the dating site. Most of these guys are lifers. They use the site as a meat market like back in the day when guys went to bars to hook up. That still happens. But there are guys on online dating sites that don’t have to leave there house to get laid. So, watch out. You will have more emails, winks and likes that you can handle. Be picky and choose the ones that you think fit your tastes. Beware of the profiles that look too good! You will find the ones with the perfect headshots of guys. They seem to always be widows, making 100,000+. Their profiles go on for paragraphs. They will send you an email that says that you are perfect, beautiful and that they are not on the site